Oh, the weather outside is frightful. But my hubby’s stew recipe is delightful. Enjoy!
450g chopped stewing steak
2 carrots1 onion
3 or 4 beef Oxo cubes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
2. Place the meat at the bottom of an oven proof pot
3. Chop the onion, leek, parsnip, carrot and swede into 1/2″ chunks and add to the pot
4. Add 2 – 3 handfuls of pearl barley
5. Crumble 3 beef Oxo cubes into 1 1/4 pints on hot water and pour into the pot
6. Place in the oven, on the middle shelf for 2 – 2 1/2 hours, checking every 30 minutes
7. Sprinkle a fourth Oxo cube into the stew 15 – 20 minutes before the end to give an extra beefy taste
Best served with mashed, or new potatoes and plenty of crusty bread.
I’m afraid I don’t have a photo to show you as I always scoff this down WAY too quickly to Instagram it…oops!