Have you seen the Selfridge’s Summer Beauty Box? No, really, have you seen it? It’s amazing!
I was so, so tempted to purchase. In fact, if it hadn’t have been for the fact that I was so scarily overspent pre-pay day (naughty Beyonce tempting me with her fabulousness) I probably would have treated myself to it on the day of launch.
If you’ve not seen it, the Selfridge’s Summer Beauty Box contains…
- Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer
- Models Own Neon Nail Varnish
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray
- Molton Brown Blissful Templetree Shower Gel
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir
- St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion
- Jane Tran Hair Clips
- Erborian BB Cream
- Lancaster After Sun
- St. Tropez exclusive in-store offer card
The normal retail value of these products would be approximately £70, but you can buy this beauty (see what I did there) for just 25 of your finest English pounds. Amazing! That’s a saving of £45 – that’s huge!
Pay day arrived on Friday. Yet I resisted the urge to splash the cash on ‘the box’, despite the fact that my Twitter feed was awash with ‘glowing’ reviews of the jam-packed beauty hamper. Sure, it was a great saving, but how many of those products would I truly use? I took another look…
- Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer – yep, I have the normal one so would be intrigued to try the ‘in shower’ version
- Models Own Neon Nail Varnish – maybe, but I already have a very similar Nails Inc polish in this hue, and a Leighton Denny one for that matter
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray- no, my hair doesn’t really need help to look messy
- Molton Brown Blissful Templetree Shower Gel – yep
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir – yep, intrigued.com
- St. Tropez Instant Glow Face Lotion – nope
- Jane Tran Hair Clips – nope
- Erborian BB Cream – nope
- Lancaster After Sun – not unless we have an unexpected heatwave in the UK
- St. Tropez exclusive in-store offer card – unlikely
That’s three products out of the box of tricks. And to be honest it’s only really the Caudalie which I’m really intrigued by. I currently have a wide toothed comb which does the same job as the Tangle Teezer and the Molton Brown I’d be using simply because it was there.
I don’t know what it was… maybe I got swept up in the novelty factor (for the same reason I keep debating whether to get a Glossybox subscription or not) but I was almost tempted to spend £25 on some pretty packaging and products that I really wasn’t bothered about.
Instead I took my cash and headed to The Body Shop where I purchased these beauties…
The Seaweed products and shampoo and conditioner are repurchases from my unexpected Madrid beauty haul. So, while I haven’t done product reviews on those yet, you can kind of guess that I liked them. While I was there I was talked into signing up for their Love Your Body card. it’s £5 for the card, but you get 10% off all of your purchases for a year and free gifts after your 4th and 8th purchases and also for your birthday. And, I got the Warming Mineral Mask (worth £10) free too. Bargain!
Slightly ironically the combined cost of these products cost more than the Summer Beauty Box from Selfridge’s. BUT, at least I had a whole host of products that I’d actually use.
Do you get tempted by beauty boxes? Have you got a stash of products you’ll never use? How do you decide what’ a good buy and what’s a walk on by? Leave your answers in the comments below peoples. :o)