This is an easy, peasy, quick and healthy dinner which has fast become a favourite with Hubby and I.
1 x skin-on salmon portion per person
Sweet potatoes (choose how many you want to use depending on their size and how hungry you are :o))
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200° (Gas mark 6)
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into ‘chip size’ chunks
3. Place them on a baking tray and brush over some olive oil (just enough to coat them so they don’t stick to the baking tray)
4. Pop them in the pre-heated oven for 30 – 40 minutes
5. When you’re just over ten minutes away from the sweet potato being cooked, pour a small amount of olive oil into a griddle pan (I use an oil brush to coat the pan so that the fish doesn’t stick) and heat on a medium heat on the hob.
6. Ten minutes before your sweet potatoes are cooked, add the salmon to the hot griddle pan skin side down and cook for five minutes without turning (adjust the temperature accordingly – you want sizzling, but not burning)
7. After five minutes turn the salmon and cook on the other side. At the same time heat a tea-spoon of Sesame oil in a small pan, add some sesame seeds and toast lightly. Then add most of the watercress stirring it into the oil and seeds mixture so it gets coated and wilts in the pan.
9. When the salmon is cooked through remove from the pan and plate up along with your sweet potatoes.
10. Add the wilted watercress to the plate and top with some fresh watercress for a contrast in texture and flavour.
11. Pour sweet chilli sauce over your salmon, to taste, et voila – dinner is served.
Best served whilst watching a box-set of series one of Suits.