Lunch just ain’t my thang. I’m not really a pre-packed sandwich kinda gal. I like healthy stuff: satisfying and scrumptious salads, fresh sushi and pretty much anything containing edamame beans. Unfortunately my day job is situated in an industrial estate in the Midlands, making the opportunity for obtaining such foodie delights somewhat impossible. I often struggle to find something that I actually look forward to scoffing, or even enjoy. But, not only did I come up with this superb clean eating salad last week, but now I’ve also stumbled upon a delicious wrap. Lunch, literally, has never tasted so good!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC
2. Chop the red pepper and red onion into chunks and scatter onto a baking tray. Pour over some olive oil and roast in the oven for 20-minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop the courgette into chunks. When your kitchen timer goes brrrrrring, add the chopped courgette to the onion and pepper mix and cook for a further 5-minutes.
3. If you’re eating this straight away once the mixture is roasted you can start constructing your wrap straight away. If you want to take it to work, I’d suggest taking your pack of tortillas, pot of Houmous, bag of spinach and Tupperware of pepper/onion/courgette mixture to save everything going soggy (soggy sandwiches are even worse than pre-packed sandwiches).
4. Whenever you’re ready to construct your wrap, simply smother on some Houmous, add some of your pepper/onion/courgette mixture, sprinkle on some spinach and they you have it – a yummy lunch full of taste, texture and goodness.
Best enjoyed on a retro plate whilst browsing ASOS.